While weight loss is a common problem for almost all of us, not gaining weight is a big problem for many people too. It is a result of slimness, chronic illnesses, eating disorders or malnutrition. Weak people are less resistant to external factors. They eaily become sick and have a longer recovery time. They also get tired faster.
What should be done to gain weight? what to eat ? What are tips that will help us in weight gain? Here are 12 recommendations for you to get the fastest weight gain;
1. A meal with empty calories, which is known as junk food, is not a good way to gain weight. Such foods usually contain unhealthy trans fats or unsaturated fats.
2. Make sure you take at least one food from the dairy group, meat group, cereal group ,vegetable and fruit group in your main meals (morning, noon and evening).
3. It may be more beneficial to have 5-6 small balanced meals rather than 3 big meals
4. The oils provide toughness because they remain in the stomach for a long time. For this reason, the person who wants to gain weight should not eat foods fried in oil and very fatty foods. Meat dishes should be cooked without adding oil, and sufficient amount of oil should be added to meatless ones.
5. The meals you will have should be nutritious foods such as fruit, milk and dairy products, milky sweets and toast, and not the ones with empty calorie sources.
6. Instead of fried potatoes, fried chicken and potatoes you can choose to eat grilled chicken and fish and increase the portion sizes slightly. The best simple carbohydrate foods you can get are honey and molasses.
7. Dried nuts (walnuts, nuts, almonds) and dry fruits (apricots, figs, etc.) increase both energy and vitamin and mineral content of your diet. Adding flaxseed to your diet increases both omega-3 content, both fiber and energy content.
8. Water, tea, coffee and soda do not contain calories. Choose drinks that are high in nutritional value and contain more energy such as milk, buttermilk or fruit juice. Liquids fill your stomach and prevent you from eating more. So it would be beneficial if you could do the liquid consumption 30-60 minutes before or after meals. It may be a good time to have liquid meals at night because your appetite for the next meal will not be affected.
9. To increase the amount of protein in your diet, add 1 cup of milk, 1/4 cup of milk powder, and add extra meat (red meat, chicken, fish) and dry vegetables (like chickpeas, dry beans) to your meals and cucumbers.
10. You can use vitamin-mineral supplements in consultation with a doctor or specialist to make sure you meet your vitamins and minerals needs.
11. Aerobic exercises such as walking, swimming and cycling and extreme exercises cause body fat loss and weight loss. Weight lifting exercises can help increase muscle mass. At home or in the gym you can try out exercises with enough equipment. Ask your expert for help with the most appropriate exercise program.
12. Try to reduce the stress in your life. Nervousness and tension cause all the muscles in your body to stretch, muscle contractions empty the energy for nothing.