Squat is the most preferred exercise especially by women who practice sports. Where does Squat target ? Before coming to the answer of this question, what is squat and how is squat done? Let´s check it out.
What is Squat?
It is a strength training that increases the balance and flexibility of your body. It is an effective exercise for a strong posture and tight hips. At the same time, the body weight and the squat made with the weight equipments afterwards puts your body in shape, helping to make your muscles tighter and stronger. Another feature that distinguishes it from other types of motion by focusing on these 3 things you can ensure that your look, posture and fitness will be great.
How to squat ?
Squat is done in two ways, with and without equipments. If you are going to start for the first time, you have to do at least 2 weeks without equipments. You will then need to practice with the “bar” (weight attached iron). If you workout in the machine; start working with the empty bar first. Because the empty bar is 5 pounds. Then put 10 pounds and make 3 sets of 12 repeats. We recommend that you increase these weights every week. If you are going to work with the free bar, it is also useful to do a many sets and repetitions with less weight.
Weighted squat is done as follows;
First of all, we suggest you not to do it yourself. If there is someone standing near you, it will give you spiritual support, and may help you complete sets by giving you a little support from your elbows when your power is over.
- Keep your toes up when you’re moving. This way, your heels will have full pressure and you will be able to stand up easily.
- We’re take the weight-bar to our shoulders. You should put a towel behind your neck so that the bar won´t hurt your shoulders and neck.
- Stay stand and take your hips out. Always remember to look across.
- Bend your knees very lightly. Make sure your knees do not cross your toes.
- Then sit as if you have a chair behind you.
- When you bow as much as you can, get up a bit faster than you bend.
- Use your shoulders to get up and push your hips inward. Your leg should be straight when you are standing and tilting. Check this frequently with a mirror.
- Keep doing this with 3 sets of 12-15 repetitions.
- The next day when you step up or down the stairs and you feel aches in the left or right lobe of your hip, it means you are doing squat exercises successfully.
Squat with no weight is done as follows;
You can do this when you don´t have weight bar at home
- Extend your hands forward in an upright position.
- Hold a plate ball or a pillow between your hands.
- Later, move your hips out in a steep fashion, lightly fold your knees so that they do not cross your fingertips, and sit as if you have a chair behind you.
- When your legs are tilted so that they are parallel to each other, stand up to your feet by pulling your hips in.
- Do not forget to always stand upright.
Where does squat target ?
Swuat is an exercise for your legs. It tightens your muscles and prevents fattening by extending and contracting the muscles in your upper and lower legs. It helps you keep your balance at the same time. Wehn squat is done properly it also make your hip, back and abdominal muscles work. It is difficult to make these muscles work as they are the widest muscles in the body. Squat done in a proper position make this happen and by running the muscles in your back, it gives you an upright posture. It exercises your abdominal muscles, prevents them to get oiled and gives you a thicker hips. If you are women, you can check out and try out the ideal 10 sports for women listed in our “Sport moves” article.